Frequently Asked Questions & General Info
This is What We Offer:
The comfort and privacy of your own apartment, with the convenience to everything in downtown Durango. Guests like that there's no concierge or reception desk clerk, providing that true "living in Durango" experience.
We’re a small, privately owned Inn with five rooms to meet the needs of any traveler; from one-night guests to business travelers on extended stay in our town.
Nobody’s On Site, so How Do I Get In?
Once you confirm your reservation with a credit card, you’re given a security code for access into the building. Your room key is in your door when you arrive.
What if I Have Questions While I’m There?
Contact numbers are sent with your confirmation email, and posted in each room, should you need to reach us during your stay.
What is the Parking Situation?
We have two small parking spaces in the alley behind the Inn. We also provide one permit per room for any Durango city parking lot (as close as a half block from the Inn). You’ll find the permit hanging on the bulletin board in your room, along with a map of downtown lots. When checking out please leave the permit for future guests.
Anything Else I Should Know?
- For everyone's comfort, we're "no-smoking and no-pets."
- Bikes and skis may be stored in your room.
- We appreciate your thoughtfulness in leaving both your room key and parking permit behind when you leave. Keys and permits accidentally brought home may be mailed to us at PO Box 381, Durango CO 81302. Unfortunately, there is a $150 charge for lost keys.
- During your stay, be sure to notice the beautiful and unique turn-of-the-century hardware, key-plates, and door hinges throughout some of the rooms. We also have historic photos detailing the history of the Inn and Durango.
- Most importantly, please let us know about you. Each room has a Guest Journal and we’d love to know your thoughts on Durango and Nobody’s Inn.
- We do not provide daily cleaning service, but bring fresh towels and remove trash every third day.